Research support team oversees the cyberinfrastructure (CI) coordinated between Libraries and IT Services and the Office of the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies to enhance research and scholarship. For more information, contact the IT Services Support Desk at (517) 432-6200 or via email at email@example.com.
The National Science Foundation defines CI as a collection of advanced technologies and services to support scientific inquiry. This includes:
- Computing clusters and high performance computing systems;
- Data management, data integration, and data storage systems;
- High speed networks;
- Data mining and data visualization;
- Collaboration and security tools; and
- The people who design, build, and run these systems.